Forsand church was built in 1854 from drawings by Tollag Gudmestad (Nærbø).
Most of the construction where done by axe, mostly by Nils Lyse.
In the beginning the church was without paint
and with no electic power or organ.
Later the church got bloworgan and coalowens.
In 2004 the church got renovated,
with a new organ and the pulpit where changed
back to what it looked like before 1931.
The church had 150 years anniversary 14th november 2004.